www.Hypersmash.com ups and downs

dinsdag 16 juli 2013

ups and downs

Next month it'll be 3 years since I was diagnosed with lyme disease.

The first two years were hard. The most persistent problem was insomnia. The pain, brain fog, etc was tough but not being able to sleep was, for me, the worst thing.

Gradually over time my health improved and for most of the last year I've felt fully recovered. However recently I've really struggled with sleeping problems again.

What I've found is that to maintain my health I need to eat super clean, exercise consistently and try and be stress free. But when you're getting by on 2 or 3 hours sleep a night it becomes really hard to do those things. You take an extra coffee or 3 to get through the day, a few glasses of wine to unwind at night. And that can quickly become a self-fulfilling negative spiral.

So what I'm going to do is relax about it, take it easy and just look at what's worked for me in the past. During my recovery from lyme disease I always had cycles of ups and downs. Getting better was never a linear progression. There were always ups and downs. The key for me then was to stay positive during the down times and eventually over time the progression was upwards.




If anyone reading this has any tips that worked for them I'd love to hear from you...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten